The Way You ‘Show Up’…
Determines the way people feel
Determines the extent to which they can engage
…and that impacts pretty much EVERYTHING about the outcome of that relationship!
Building Emotional Intelligence
Maximise Your Leadership with Emotional Intelligence
Based on emotional intelligence and social neuroscience, maximise your leadership with Emotional Intelligence is a powerful, interactive coaching programme that boosts your essential leadership skills for 2020 and beyond.
A virtual coaching programme, this coaching journey will help you to enhance and demonstrated emotionally intelligent leadership behaviours. During six highly interactive and impactful sessions, you will learn to improve how to show up in an emotionally intelligent way; including how to connect, communicate and influence others. As a result you will enhance your leadership ability, personal relationships and well-being.
Dr Neslyn apply the Genos Emotional Intelligence Model to focus on a set of skills that help you act intelligently with your emotions, enhancing our decisions, behaviour and performance.
Beacon Potential offers the following: six on line 2 hours coaching sessions delivered by Dr Neslyn from 1700 – 1900 hours
The Emotional Intelligent Leader
In this session you will:
- Explore the social science of Emotional Intelligence
- Determine the link between emotions, decisions, behaviours and performance
- Review the importance of emotionally intelligent leadership behaviour for your leadership context
- Identify specific emotionally intelligent leadership behaviours that you would personally like to enhance.
The Aware Leader
The objective of this session is to enhance how you connect with others, communicate with others and how you influence those you lead. In this session you will:
- The science of enhancing leadership behaviours – relationship leadership behaviours
- Clarity on agile leadership behaviours
- Improve your self-awareness so that you can be more intentional with your impact on others
- Enhance your awareness of others and empathy so that you can:
- More accurately view situations from the perspective of others
- More accurately anticipate the responses and reactions of others
- Be more behaviourally agile and more situational in your approach to leadership.
The Authentic Leader
The objective of this session is to enhance how you connect and build relational trust with others as well as how you positively influence the performance of those you lead. In this session you will:
- Explore the power of emotions
- Explore the power and finesse of expressing how you feel in leadership
- Identify effective ways of expressing how you feel
- Discuss and apply a model for facilitating challenging performance conversations. Enhance how you connect and build relational trust with others.
The Empowering Leader
The premise is that the core of leadership is not about you. Instead it is about how effective you are at empowering other people and unleashing their full potential. In this session you will:
- Analyse the fundamentals of human motivation at work
- Determine how you could apply the fundamental principle to an individual in your team and your teams more broadly
- Practice applying a specific conversation on the motivation and engagement of those you lead.
- Approaches to empowering leadership
The Resilient Leader
To enhance how you manage your own mood and emotions, stress and workloads, and bounce back from the challenges of work and life. In this session you will:
- Explore triggers and default behaviours
- Identify alternative or more effective ways of responding to triggers
- Explore a range of techniques of managing stress and bouncing back.
- Identify new things you could STOP and START doing.
The Expansive Leader
To enhance how you use emotional information from yourself and others to make more effective decisions. In this session you will:
- Explore what emotional reasoning is and why it is important
- Determine how you can surface emotional information when reasoning
- Analyse the role confirmation bias and intellectual humility can play in reasoning
- Discuss how you can draw on purpose and values to help guide your reasoning in decision making.
Demonstrate Your Emotional Intelligence
Dr Neslyn uses the Genos International Model of Emotional Intelligence to enable you to have clarity on the importance you give to seven elements of emotional intelligence and assess how you are demonstrating those elements.
- consists of 42 items – 7 items in six skill scales
- each an emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour
- measures how often one demonstrates emotionally intelligent behaviour at work:
- almost never or seldom, to
- usually or almost always
The Genos Model follows
Demonstrates Awareness of your moods and feelings
Makes others feel appreciated
Is open and honest about mistakes
Manage your emotions effectively in difficult situations
Makes ethical decisions
Recognises others hard work and achievements
Dr Neslyn provides you with individual and group coaching underpinned with the following assessments:
- Genos workplace assessments: Suitable for all including leaders.
- Genos Leadership assessments: Suitable for leaders & managers: Optional engagement survey, Leadership language, Self-Assessment, 180° Assessment and 360° Assessment.
- Genos Sales Assessment: Suitable for salespeople and sales managers, Optional client category group, Sales language, Self-Assessment, 180° Assessment, 360° Assessment.
- Genos Emotional Intelligence Selection Report: Purpose-built EI Selection Assessment, Hire emotionally intelligent employees, Report for hiring manager, Actionable interview questions, Candidate Report.
- The Mindful Leader
- The Engaging Leader
- The Resilient Leader
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- The Emotionally Intelligent Salesperson
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Workbooks are personalised for participants including assessment results